WELCOME TO TEAM INTREPID
Our vision statement:
Team Intrepid has a commitment to work together as educators responsible for the implementation of our shared vision.
We recognize that the way our team works together can greatly enhance student learning. Teacher collaboration is nurtured by a number of variables that define a positive team teaching environment. We have selected the most critical variables for our team. These are a commitment to:
- help implement the school vision, as defined by the mission statement of Curtis Corner Middle School
- share ideas with each other for improved teaching and more meaningful standards based curricula
- examine student work and teach collaboratively
- honor the differences among us as we bring our unique personalities, talents and perspectives to our teaching and our team
- support student learning and appropriate social and emotional growth
- provide a safe and equitable learning environment for all students
- support each other as we seek renewal and growth in both our personal and professional lives
Cookie Dough Orders Arrive on Wednesday, March 1
Pick-up will be from 2-5pm in the library. Orders must be picked up on Wednesday. There is no storage for frozen items.
The Great Potato Feast has been postponed to Wednesday, March 8th
TEAM INTREPID STUDENT-LED CONFERENCES (Snow Day Make-Up)
WHEN: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
WHERE: Curtis Corner Middle School Library
TIME: 2:00pm – 8 pm on Wednesday, March 15th
These conferences will provide an opportunity for your child to reflect upon work from various subject areas and present work to you. With student led conferences, students are given the opportunity to practice self-evaluation skills and plan for continued academic and personal growth for the year. As part of our ILP (Individual Learning Plan) process, students have written two goals for the year and will write a third goal with you during this conference.
As a parent, this is what you can expect to accomplish in the time allotted:
Your child will present his/her portfolio to you
You will discuss your child’s strengths and areas that need improvement
You will have the opportunity to respond to your child’s work
Together you and your child will write a third goal
It is expected that the conference will take approx. 30 minutes We are confident that by the end of your experience you will have an outstanding understanding of the types of learning at CCMS.
This will be an Open House format so no appointment is necessary.